Step 1: Downloading report as CSV file
- Go to the menu item 'Financials' and select the tab 'Reports'. Set the desired period via the date filter or via the quick selection on the left side, e.g. 'Last month'. In our example, we choose April. Confirm the selection by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
- Further down you will find the report 'CSV export of all payments'. Click on the button 'Create report' and the download will start.
- The file does not open automatically, but must be opened manually by you. If you are not sure where the file was saved, you can always find it in your browser via the top right menu (see screenshot or Ctrl + J).
Step 2: Preparing the data in Excel
The list is already usable. But if something went wrong, here is how to convert a CSV file manually to work in Excel.
- Make sure that the numbers are properly formatted. To do this you first mark and copy these symbols: '‚Ç¨' (without quotation marks). Then you mark the two columns I and J and use the function 'Find & Replace'.
- In the following pop-up paste the previous copied text “‚Ç¨" in the field “Find what”. Keep the field “Replace with” clear. Then click on the button “Replace All”.
- Once you close the pop-up all figures will be actual numerical values.
Step 3: Usage of filter function
- For the conduct of different evaluations it might be useful to use the filter function in Excel. Simply click on the the tab “Data” and the symbol “Filter”.
- Now there will be a filter symbol in each column in the first row. You can limit the shown values by clicking on this symbol. For instance, you can choose all transactions with the payment method (“Zahlungsart”) cash (“Bargeld”).