Good communication with your customers is essential for any business.
This extension helps you to easily copy your contact’s details and email addresses to your Mailchimp account. Mailchimp is one of the most popular tools to send out personalized emails, newsletters or create marketing campaigns.
Before you can send your newsletters with Mailchimp, you normally need to do quite some work to import your customer name and email address into your Mailchimp lists and groups. This means you need to collect and upload all the information, and you need to regularly update your lists when your customer base changes.
This Mailchimp extension makes it easy for you to export or update any set customers that you filter in Eversports Manager directly to your Mailchimp account. Just by clicking on one button you can add your customers to one of your lists and optionally attach them to any of your groups (only if you use that feature of Mailchimp).
Step 1: Configuration
- In order to set up the Mailchimp API you first need a Mailchimp account. This can be an existing or a new one, you can even use the free option.
- Then in your Eversports Manager you can go to the 'Market' menu and activate the extension ‘Mailchimp integration’.
Step 2: Set your API key.
- In order to communicate with your Mailchimp account Eversports Manager needs to know your API key. This is a long random string that you can find in your Mailchimp account under Account > API keys.
- If you don’t know where to find it, you can look on this page for instructions: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-api-keys/ . You can enter this API key in your Eversports Manager under Settings > Integration.
Step 3: Export customer data
- Now you can use the Mailchimp integration to export filtered customer data to your Mailchimp lists and groups.
- Go to the ‘Customers’ menu in your Eversports Manager and search or filter the customers that you want to export.
- On the upper right corner, you can click on the button 'More' and see the option ‘Export to Mailchimp’. This will export all the listed customers to Mailchimp.
- After you select this option, Eversports Manager will retrieve your existing Mailchimp lists (‘audiences’) and groups.
- In a pop-up you can then select to which lists and (optionally) groups you want to add the customers.
- This will directly add their names and email addresses to the selected list.
Note - it might take a few minutes before you will see the new customers in Mailchimp.
Step 4: Deactivate the extension
- If you want to (temporarily) deactivate the extension, you can simply remove the API key from your settings page.
- If you want to completely remove the extension please contact our support team to help you further - [email protected]