Many studios rely on the combination "Eversports Manager & Zoom" when offering online classes. Eversports Manager handles the entire booking and payment process, including customer and product administration. Zoom takes over the live transmission of online classes. In this article we will show you how to set everything up.
If you don't have an Eversports Manager yet, you can register here. You can create a Zoom account via this link. Zoom is free for online classes up to 40 minutes. If you want to offer longer classes or register more than 100 participants, you should switch to one of the payment models. The option "Pro" for €13,99,- per month is sufficient for most studios. Here an overview.
1) Create a Zoom Meeting for each class
Once you have created your Zoom account, you can start creating your first online class right away. Just click on "Schedule a meeting".
A window opens in which you can now configure all settings for this meeting. You can create a meeting for each class in advance.
2) Store the Meeting Link in Eversports Manager
Once you have created the meeting in Zoom, you will find the meeting link to this meeting in Zoom. Each meeting has an individual link.
Once you have created the Meeting, copy and paste this link into your Eversports Manager into the respective class. To do so in your Eversports Manager, click on "Edit Appointment" for the class you are interested in.
You can then activate the "Online Stream Link" feature and insert here the Zoom link.
In Zoom you can plan a Meeting for all your future classes in advance. All of these meeting links can then be added directly to Eversports Manager for each class.
Your customers will receive access to this link 15 minutes before the class starts.
3) Zoom Settings
Since only customers who are registered through Eversports Manager will receive the link 15 minutes before class starts anyway, we recommend disabling the "Registration Setting". More info on the "Meeting Password" can be found here. You can leave the "Video of presenter and participant" setting. The audio option can be set to "Computer Audio".
In the "Meeting options" you can make further settings.
- If you activate "Enter before host", your customers can enter the room before you arrive.
- Please deactivate the option "Mute participants when entering". Before the class starts it is very nice if all participants can exchange a little bit more (similar to the studio on location).
- You can activate the "waiting room" if you want to let the participants into the room individually. This allows you to add each participant you accept to the participation list in the Eversports Manager sign-in. If you want it easy, you can deactivate the waiting room - so all participants can easily enter.
- You can disable "Only authorized users can join".
- We recommend that you DO NOT record your classes. This is important for privacy reasons and ensures that the "service idea" is maintained for your classes. So deactivate.
4) Opening of the meeting before the start of the class
We recommend opening the meeting at least 15 minutes before the start of the class. This way you can make sure that your participants can exchange ideas before the meeting and that the "community idea" is virtually lived out in your studio.
To open the meeting, you or one of your teachers can simply click on "Open Link" in the sign-in of a class. This will open the Zoom link for that class directly.
Your customers will also have access to the same link 15 minutes before class starts. All information on how your customers can participate in online classes can be found here.
Once you have opened the link to the Meeting, the room is open and your customers can enter.
5) Settings during the class
Just before the class starts, you can set all customers to Mute.
This way only the teacher's microphone can be heard. Everyone can concentrate on your class together.
By doing so, the video will not spring to the last person who made a noise, but will stay on your video the whole time. Your customers can also click on your video and to the pin-option in order to pin your video to their screen so that they can smoothly follow all exercises you show.
After the class, you can unmute all participants. This allows you to exchange information after the class is over. Especially in times like these, it will certainly do all your participants a lot of good.
We wish you much success with your online classes!