Since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, more and more rules and regulations have been implemented by local authorities. This creates anxiety and nervousness. Social interactions are to be reduced to a large extent. There is a danger that visits to your studio could be drastically reduced over the coming weeks.
A valuable way of bridging this difficult period is to switch to offering online classes. This will give you the opportunity to continue to support your customers during this time (even in quarantine) and at the same time maintain a certain turnover.
There are already several studios that offer their classes online (exclusively or in addition) with Eversports Manager. Below we have summarized the most important information for you:
1) Selecting and correctly naming online classes
Decide which of your classes you want to offer online. For these classes you should change the title so that your customers know that the class is online. In the class description you can also make it clear to your customers that they can participate in the class online.
2) Use existing products or offer new products
In the first step you can enable your customers to continue using their existing products. Previous experience shows that customers do not demand cheaper products just because the classes take place online. Customers are very grateful that they can continue to receive the usual instructions from their teacher. It is nice to maintain a certain normality even in such times.
In addition, it is of course possible to create your own "online products" and link them to the corresponding classes.
3) NEW: Link to the live stream
We recommend that you specify in the booking settings that registration for the online class is possible up to 1 hour before the class starts. In order to give the participants access to the live stream, you can copy the online link directly into the class by clicking on 'edit appointment' in the class overview. There you can also adapt the maximum number of participants, if necessary.
The link to the online class is available to your participants 15 minutes before the start of the class via their Eversports account (i.e. On the new version of the app).
Next to the online class you see now the online symbol.
Important - No automatic e-mail with the link will be sent out to the participants.
4) Live broadcast of the class
Various video conference tools are suitable for the live transmission of classes. Google Hangout offers a free service. Zoom offers free meetings of up to 40 minutes and is subject to a fee after that.
Before class starts, create the live broadcast using the online link and your participants will be able to join you.
The following things have to be considered for the live broadcast:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. It is best to first do a test class with selected participants to ensure that the quality of the live broadcast is suitable for all customers. If possible, you should switch on the online broadcast 15 minutes before the class starts.
- Make sure you have good technical equipment. It makes sense that you use a headset (e.g. Mpow Flame) to ensure good sound quality. For a good video transmission you can use an external camera (e.g. Logitech C920 HD PRO Webcam)
- If you are offering online broadcasting in addition to the class on site, it makes sense that someone (e.g. a volunteer) participates in the exercises in front of the camera. This allows online participants to follow the exercises and also to understand the teacher well via the headset. You should inform participants on site that the class will be broadcast live. You can also tell them what part of the room is on the screen so that they can decide for themselves if they want to be shown or not.
- It makes sense that one person takes care of the online participants. This way online participants can be welcomed personally (e.g. "Hi Max, glad you are here and participating"). In addition, the chat can be used to help if there are technical problems.
5) Good communication via your newsletter and website
In order for the online classes to be well received, it is important to communicate them well. You can get inspiration from the website of Yogazentrum Mödling (an Austrian venue) - online classes have been offered here since Wednesday. Birgit from Yogazentrum Mödling also allowed us to share the content of her newsletter with all studios - thank you very much:
we hope you are doing well. We write to you today, because there are currently some developments around the coronavirus, which might raise questions about yoga classes at the Yoga Center Mödling.
First of all, we want to assure you, inhaling exhaling, in peace and quiet: all yoga classes will take place until further notice and we will do everything to make you feel comfortable with us!
At the same time we have thought of something for all those who prefer to practise from home and yet with us: we will be broadcasting selected (marked in the timetable) yoga classes live and online from now on - ADDITIONAL
for example already today's
morning yoga class at 9.00 h
Golden Yoga at 10.45 h
Basic course at 19.00 h
IMPORTANT: Registration for these online yoga classes will continue to be done via the Eversports booking platform and is possible up to 1 hour before class starts.
What you need to participate in LIVE Yoga classes?
a well working internet connection
Computer (works with every common browser)
OR Smartphone with the "GetResponse Webinar" App
of course your yoga mat ;)
How to register for the LIVE Yoga classes?
The online class will be open about 10 minutes before the start.
Important: We are trying out the online live transmission for the first time today - so if there should occur any errors, please bear with us. Furthermore, we would be very happy if you let us know afterwards if/how it worked for you. Thank you very much!
In the following article you will find more tips for studio operations during the time of Corona (COVID-2019).
We wish you all the best for the current time and will be happy to answer any questions you may have!
PS: If you know studios that would like to offer online classes but do not yet use Eversports Manager, please feel free to contact us here. We will be happy to help anyone get started with online classes as soon as possible.